The most typical minimum income that is annual to sponsor a partner for a marriage-based green card is $21,137. This assumes that the spouse that is sponsoring the U.S. resident or present green card owner — just isn’t in active army responsibility and therefore the few does not have any kiddies.
The income requirements increase predicated on family members size, as shown into the tables below. The quantities can also be greater for residents of Alaska and Hawaii compared to residents associated with 48 states that are contiguous the District of Columbia, and U.S. regions.
Unsure exactly how much your card that is green will? Let our calculator perform some mathematics.
Minimal Money Demands
To enable a partner to be eligible for a marriage-based green card, the sponsoring partner must accept economic obligation. To find out more concerning the sponsoring spouse’s economic obligation, check always down our guide towards the Affidavit of Support (type I-864).
*To calculate how many individuals in your home, you need to add:
- Yourself (sponsoring partner)
- Your partner (green card applicant)
- Any unmarried young ones under age 21 ( or even the chronilogical age of bulk their current address)
- Someone else you claim as a dependent up on your income tax return
- Anybody who should be trying to get a card that is green showing up towards the united states of america with your better half
- Someone mail order wife asian else you might be sponsoring for a split affidavit of help